If you are wondering how to backup Blu-ray movies to external hard drive for streaming to Roku 3, this article shows you exactly how to make it work.
For anyone new to the Roku world, I would recommend the Roku 3 over any other previous models mainly on it being so much faster to operate. The streaming superstar. With up to 1080p HD video and extended-range, dual-band wireless performance, the Roku 3 takes streaming to the next level. You can freely enjoy your own media on Roku 3.
I tried MakeMKV but had issues. Had been using Leawo that was a Giveaway of the Day several months back. Lost the free license when upgraded from Win7 to Win 8. Preliminary tests with PavTube went smoothly. With this top Blu-ray to MKV Converter - Pavtube ByteCopy, I can easily lossless copy your Blu-ray collections to MKV with all subtitles and original audio track for future usage like disc burning. Meanwhile, this app equips with all features other BD ripping tools do so that I can rip your BD/DVD movies to any other video and audio format you like and do simple video editing here. (Top Blu-ray Copying & Ripping Review)
- If you are Mac user, you can try ByteCopy for Mac.
Step 1. Load Blu-ray movie.
Get ready to insert your Blu-ray disc to disc drive, click this "Load Disc" button to browser to disc drive and import the disc. Or you could load BD folder and BD ISO from computer hard drive to this best Blu-ray to MKV Converter.
Step 2. Choose suitable output format.
Pavtubr ByteCopy offers an special category for users who would like to keep multiple audio tracks and subtitles in saved Lossless MKV file. Just select Multi-track Video > Lossless/encoded Multi-track MKV(*.MKV) for output. In this way the original audio tracks are streamed without transcoding from source BD Disc to saved MKV file.
Step 3. Adjust profile presets (Optional).
You are allowed to customize profile presets as you like, you could remove unwanted audio track in Audio tab under Settings menu, and uncheck subtitles you do not need in Subtitles tab.
Step 4. Start ripping.
Save all your settings, and back to ByteCopy main interface, hit the "Convert" button to start backuping Blu-ray movies to external hard drive. When the lossless backup completes, you would get a single large MKV file saved in output file destination. And you could stream copied MKV movie to your Roku 3 for watching.
- What Is The Best Software To Rip Bluray Region A to Region Free?
- Keeping Original DTS HD-MA audio track from Blu-ray Disc
- 4k Blu-ray disc playing on PC?
- Handbrake Tutorial-How to Fix Handbrake VLC 2.0 Problem
- Set up Plex on Roku and Rip Blu-rays/DVDs to Plex
- Stream and Play DVD Video_TS on Roku 4 via Plex
- Stream and Play ISO Files on Roku 4/3/2 via USB or Plex Media Server
- Best Solution to Stream BDMV Files to Roku 3/4 via Plex Media Server
- Guide to Backup Blu-ray to U Disc
- Store Video on Network Hard Drive for Roku Playing